The customer can provide a statement here about the importance the organisation places on supporting and developing its workforce, which is especially vital at times of major organisational change in order to ensure that staff and managers are well equipped to perform their roles.
This section should also show how the Workforce Development strategy is linked into work plans, team plans and business plans.
Employing a skilled and motivated workforce is vital to ensuring good quality services are provided to adults with care and support needs, and their carers. It will also assist to:
- improve service satisfaction levels of adults and their carers;
- enhance staff job satisfaction;
- embed standards and safe working practices;
- reduce the number of complaints from adults and carers;
- reduce the number of staff disciplinary hearings and dismissals;
- improve staff retention levels.
As part of a wider competency framework which also includes staff supervision and appraisal, workforce development links staff learning and development to other activities, such as strategic planning, workforce planning, performance management and career development.
Customer to provide summary statement in relation to workforce development, including its vision and targets. Links should also be provided for relevant:
- action plans / improvement plans
- competency framework
- training application process.